Losing a parent is one of the most difficult times in a person’s life. If this happens to a friend, then you might want to send a message to show that you are there for your friend. Your message should try to show your true feelings so it is always better to try to send a message yourself.
I am really sorry to hear about your mother. She was a great person and always generous with all of us. I know it is going to be a rough time for you so please feel free to give me a call and we can talk about anything.
You should write a message that is true about your friend’s mother or father so try to include some of the good points of that person’s character.
If you didn’t know your friend’s mother/father you can send a more general message like:
I am very sorry to hear about your mother/father. If you need help at this time, don’t hesitate to give me a call.
How to give condolences in person
It is always a difficult thing to show your empathy at this time.
Common ways to sow your condolences:
- I am sorry for your loss
- I am sorry for your trouble
- My condolences are with you are your family at this time
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you
What to write in a condolences card
Condolences in a card are usually a little bit more formal.
- I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
- I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
- My condolences to you and your family.
Sending a condolences text message
Sending a condolence message in a text message can be a little less formal. In this case, you should include a sincere message to express your empathy.
- Thinking of you, at this time of loss.
- Very sorry to hear about your mother/father. Be strong
- Losing someone we love is never easy, I hope you can get through this difficult period in your life.
- My heart goes out to you and your family.
Religious condolence messages
If the person you are sending a message to has a strong faith, then you might want to include religious references.
- May her soul rest in peace, I believe that God will accept her with open arms in heaven
- Our prayers and thoughts are with you
- May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace, may my prayers help guide her on her journey to our Creator.
- We pray that the Good Lord looks after your mother/father
- Can AI Write Proposals? (Tips For Improving Work Proposals) - February 28, 2023
- 9 Ways to use ChatGPT in the Classroom(+Chat GPT Activities) - February 27, 2023
- How To Reply to a Thank You Email (With Examples) - February 27, 2023