ChatGPT is a new A.I software that you can use to improve your English. You can do so many things with ChatGPT like write essays, emails, and books but in this article, I will share my tips on using ChatGPT to learn English.
1 Use ChatGPT as a language partner
You can now add talk to ChatGPT and it will respond with an A.I generated voice. This is an amazing development as speaking and listening are two of the most difficult parts of English to practice.
Talkio is amazing and you can learn any language while talking to an A.I tutor. It is paid but I highly recommend it and I am currently using it to practice Spanish!(but you can use it to learn English of course.
2 Use Chat GPT to practice grammar/punctuation
ChatGpt is an excellent resource to practice your English grammar. Here are some prompts that you can use:
- When should I use ….( a preposition, the present perfect tense, “hers”)
- Can you give me example sentences of when to use …. (“to or for”, “a comma”)
- What is the difference between (“welcome aboard and welcome on board”, “a gerund” and an infinitive”)
3 Use ChatGPT to practice vocabulary
You can also use ChatGPT to improve your vocabulary. You can ask it to explain what a word means and how to use it.
- What does facetious mean?
- How do I use facetious in a sentence?
- Can you give me example sentences of facetious?
- What is the difference between facetious and funny?
- Can you give me a fill-in-the-blank exercise with 10 examples where I need to write the correct adjective for a B2 level of English. Can you list the answers at the top instead of after the sentences so I need to guess the correct adjective
4 Use ChatGPT to check your mistakes
You can also use ChatGPT to check your mistakes in the text that you write. You simply copy and paste your text into ChatGPT and see if you made any mistakes in your writing.
Can you check the spelling and grammar in the following text?
I prefer to use Sapling.AI as I can check my mistakes everywhere I go on the internet.
5 Use ChatGPT to ask your doubts
ChatGPT is a chatbot so you can really ask it anything that you don’t know in English. It is great to use the chat function and keep asking it questions until you understand something. It can help you with your English homework or almost anything you can think of.
Unfortunately, ChatGPT is usually at capacity so you often can’t use it. I have signed up for Notion A.I as you can do many of the things that you can do with ChatGPT except it works all of the time and you are inside a document editor so it makes it easier to write.